Best Ways On How To Name Your Pinterest Boards To Get More Clicks in 2021
This article provides you with the Best Ways On How To Name Your Pinterest Boards To Get More Clicks in 2021 so read till the end.
Do you want to know how you can name your Pinterest boards? Or do you want to improve them and drive more Pinterest traffic to your blog?
When you are creating boards, you will need to use keywords to optimize your board names and description so that your content can be found.
So, how important is it to have an optimized board name?
Well, I am glad you asked.
Like Google SEO, having a proper board description will help you get targeted traffic through Pinterest search.
To get more traffic with Pinterest, you must optimize:
- Your board names
- Your board descriptions
- Your pins
So let’s get started.
How To Name Your Pinterest Boards To Get More Clicks
1. Create At Least 10 Boards For Your Pinterest Account
When you start to use your Pinterest Business account, you will first need to create at least 10 boards.
Before you even think to name your boards, there are a few things that you will need to understand.
First of all, you need to have a proper structure for all your boards. What I mean by that is:
- Your first board should be where you place all your content. Do not pin any content from other accounts to this board. Name it, “Best of.” For example, “Best of viable blog.”
- Next, create 5 boards with your core content. Let’s say you are a blogger who writes about blogging. The five main core contents can be Blogging tips, How to start a blog, Blog traffic, make money with a blog, and content marketing for a blog.
- Now, from these core content, create niched down content. For example, if you talk about making money with a blog, the sub-topics will be Ad networks for bloggers, Affiliate marketing for beginners, and passive income.
The sub-niches I mentioned above are just to give you a general idea. To find a proper name for your boards, you will need to do keyword research on Pinterest.
If you don’t know how to do it, it’s not a big deal. It’s very easy.
Let me show you.
2. Find Keywords For Your Board’s Title
Before doing keyword research, it will be a good idea to think about what your potential audience will put in the Search Bar of Pinterest when searching for something.
Just take a moment and think of a keyword that your audience will search on Pinterest.
Did you get any keyword? I am sure you did.
Now let’s do the keyword research.
Head over to your Pinterest and type any keyword related to your niche in the search bar.
Let’s say you have a DIY blog, and you are doing keyword research.
As you can see, Pinterest is giving me some keywords that will be excellent as a board’s name, such as:
- DIY home decor
- DIY furniture
- DIY clothes
- DIY wall decor
- DIY gifts
- DIY decor
- DIY wedding decorations
Now let’s use the suggested keywords to find some interesting “Niched down content.”
Let’s use “DIY gifts” and see what Pinterest gives us.
As you can see, Pinterest is giving me some exciting keywords that will be perfect for the “Niched down content” boards such as:
- DIY gifts for boyfriend
- DIY gifts for friends
- DIY gifts ideas
- DIY gifts box and so on
Pro Tip: The left side of suggested keywords (DIY gifts for boyfriend) has a greater search volume than the right side (Box ideas).
3. Use Keywords To Write Names For Your Boards
Now that you know how to find excellent keywords, its time to include them on your boards.
Pinterest recommends a few sentences to describe your boards.
So how can you include keywords which will make sense and not look spammy?
Let’s say you are creating a board for “DIY gifts.”
A smart description will be: “This board is filled with a lot of DIY gift ideas from gifts for your boyfriend to DIY gifts for a friend. Discover awesome gift box ideas for your close ones”.
It was easy, isn’t it?
You have just included 3 keywords in a way that looks natural.
So, now what?
Now, you must add some pins to your boards.
4. Add A Few Pins To Each Board
As you must have noticed, when you create a new board, Pinterest suggests that you can save some pins on the board. You may choose to add the pins from the suggestion or add pins from other websites.
It is essential to have pins on your boards, as people who will visit your profile will judge you based on that.
Therefore, having some pins to fill your boards is a smart way to show that you have an active profile and you are not a beginner.
Pro Tip: Just don’t over-pin your boards as you may be flagged as spam. A good practice will be to add 5 pins in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. Also, make sure that the pins are RELEVANT to your boards.
That being said, it’s time to show you how you can create awesome pins for your boards.
5. Create New Pins For Your Articles
Before I go into details about the pinning strategy that will work best for your new account, there are things that you should know concerning pins.
To get the maximum traction for your pins, it should be created in a way that it can go viral and potentially bring you a lot of traffic.
So, the features for a viral pin are:
- The size of the pin. Vertical pins with an optimum size of 735 x 1,200 pixels perform best on Pinterest. But it’s better to try with different sizes to know what works best for you.
- A good description. Your pins should contain a good description of your content. People should know what type of content they will get when they click on your pins.
- Fonts that are easy to read. You will notice that fonts that are easy to read usually end up in the top search results.
- Use simple images. Pins with a lot of space tend to perform better. So avoid adding too many pictures or elements on your pins.
- Use only a few hashtags. Based on my experience, adding 2-3 hashtags to your pins is enough.
Now that you know how your pins should be, it’s time to create them. What will be the most efficient way to create pins that will be easy and save you time?
Well, I will recommend you to use Canva for all your pins.
If you don’t know how to use Canva, this step by step guide will help you.
Create your free Canva account here.
Pro Tip: Create 2 or 3 pins for every post you have. This is because you will have to add the pins to all your relevant boards. I will elaborate on that in the next section.
6. Add Your Pins To Relevant Boards
The best way to add pins to your boards when you have a new Pinterest account is a combination of scheduling through Tailwind and manual pinning.
Let’s first discuss how you can pin manually.
This one will take you more time, but believe me, it works. Why is this so?
Well. I am glad you asked.
Pinterest wants people to spend more time on their platform. Therefore, they favor pins that are added manually.
As stated above, first create 2-3 pins for your blog post. This is mainly because different colors and pictures will grab the attention of additional people.
Your goal should be to get maximum clicks for your pins.
Pro Tip: You may hear some people say that a branded pin is better. You should design your pin so that whenever someone sees your pin, they should know it’s you.
Well, that will work after you have established yourself as an authority in your niche. Till then, try you to use pictures and colors that bring the maximum traffic to your blog.
That being said, let’s see how you can add your pins.
How to add a new pin
When you publish a new post, make sure to pin directly from your blog. You can either do this by using the Pinterest browser extension or adding it manually from Pinterest.
Once you have completed the manual pinning, it will be time for you to schedule the pins to all your boards using Tailwind.
Tailwind is an awesome tool when it comes to scheduling your pins. If you are not using tailwind, I will highly suggest you give it a try.
Now that you know how you add your new pins let me show you how to add your existing pins.
How to add existing pins
First of all, the purpose of adding an existing pin again is to keep them fresh and to push them in the smart feed.
It is not necessary to add all existing pins over and over again. You should focus only on the pins that are performing well on Pinterest.
There are different ways you can find your top-performing pins.
Some of the ways where you will find which pins are performing well are:
- In your notifications – Here you will find other pinners who are adding your pins to their boards. Once you find those pins, repin them to your top-performing boards.
- In your Pinterest analytics – This is where you will get insights about your top-performing pins. You will know precisely how many clicks and saves those pins are getting.
- In Google analytics – Here, you will find all the pins that are bringing traffic to your blog.
- Smart feed – If you search for a specific keyword and find your pins, it means that these pins will get a higher ranking. Therefore, you will have to repin them to all your relevant boards.
You see, it was not that difficult after all.
There are a few things I wanted you to know, especially if you are new to Pinterest.
Important things to know:
1. You will hear many bloggers telling you to add 80 % of other people’s pins and 20 % of your pins when you are new to Pinterest.
I will advise you to do the opposite. Add 80% of your pins and only 20 % of other people’s pins. Your goal is to bring maximum traffic to your blog from day 1.
2. You will also hear some people telling you to add 20-50 pins per day. I won’t advise you to do so, especially when you have a new Pinterest account. The sweet spot for pinning is between 5-20. Just make sure to remain within that limit.
What I will advise you is to add 5-6 pins per day for the first two weeks. Then you can increase it to 10 per day.
3. There are pins that you will create, which won’t work at all. You should not get discouraged by that. I have changed my pin formats around 3-4 times before knowing which one was working well.
Also, keep trying new styles and colors for your pins. This is the only way you will know which one is working for you.
4. Your traffic will always rise and fall. There is nothing you can do about it. This is how it is. When you are new to blogging, you will notice this even with Google’s organic traffic.
This is the norm. You don’t need to panic if ever you see a sudden decline in your Pinterest or Google traffic.
Final Thought: How To Name Your Pinterest Boards
Having a proper name and description for your boards is very important if you want to maximize your efforts.
Some people will tell you Manual pinning is better, while others will tell you they are getting a lot of traffic when they use Tailwind.
I believe that a combination of those two is perfect when you are a new blogger.
If you want more blog traffic to your new blog, these articles will help you:
- How to use Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog
- SEO tips for beginners
- How to use twitter to promote your blog for free
Please don’t forget to share this articles on all your social media handles for others to learn too. You can also find us on Facebook. Thank you.
See you soon!
Leave a Reply